Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Life-sucking weather

Yesterday I talked with a friend who was complaining about the oppressive Oregon winters and how, after enduring 63 of them, can't take it anymore and has resolved to spend her Januarys south of the equator from now on. I can wholeheartedly agree! I've only experienced 7 of them, but that's enough. The constant rain, gray, and dinginess has a way of sucking the life from your very soul--like listening to John Tesh. Some people think that the fact that it doesn't get too cold is some sort of compensation, but give me snow any day over the wet grayness. And, thanks to global warming, more places will get to experience our unique brand of winters.

Well, I can rest well in the fact that at least the sun comes up--even if it's behind a thick layer of clouds. There are fewer more depressing things than having the sun come up for a half hour each day. That's even worse than The Simpson's being on reruns ALREADY! What's up with THAT? I remember not even wanting to get up, let alone go out and do missionary work. When the sun doesn't even come up, only the threat of burning in Hell for laziness was enough to shove me out of bed--and thinking of how toasty warm Hell is, that was a most tempting alternative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you would have been permenantly scarred from too much sun after your boy scout rafting incident....Physically and emotionally...